Monday, August 22, 2011

Fashion Street Style Clothing for 2011

One of my favorite feelings when I have cash to spend is to try and fill my wardrobe with as many appropriate items of clothing as I can. You can never have enough clothes, unless you are wealthy and can buy all the expensive fashion street style items while having a closet just for your footwear. In my opinion, harsh as it may sound, but I think 'image is everything.' We live in a world where we are constantly being judged by our appearance. It shouldn't be this way, but it is. Whether you are going for a job interview, eating out at a fancy restaurant or trying to impress the opposite sex at a nightclub, you want to look smart and express your individuality.

Shoes and other items of clothing don't last forever—trainers get scuffed, t-shirts fade, and jeans get torn. I personally have one of those hanging 'collapsible' fabric shelving utilities which I like to fill with pairs of sneakers and daps. I can then alternate between them, keeping each pair relatively clean for when I want to use them. In this article, I am going to discuss a few items which will not only keep your closet full of relatively cheap fashion street style clothing, but will also show to your friends that you are hip and trendy.

I am going to start by giving you some examples of t-shirts which are popular amongst young people and subcultures at present. These are easy to buy online, or for cheap deals you could try eBay. I have discovered that rap groups such as Dilated Peoples like to wear t-shirts and apparel by 'Joker Brand.' This can be seen modeled by Iriscience. I like the simple black and white iconography using the bald headed man with the swirly patterns of the serpents.

Another label worn by hip-hop artists is 'Red Dragon Apparel,' which is a very popular brand amongst the group 'Swollen Members.' I have seen Swollen Members rapper 'Prevail' sporting a RDS t-shirt. It is also very popular amongst skateboarders, and I did see one example of a t-shirt by them which used the 'A Clockwork Orange' character 'Alex' holding the logo.

Band t-shirts are very popular at the moment. And even if a particular band is not so popular, you can still wear it with pride and be perceived as stylish. Some high street shops such as Blue Banana (UK) and Hot Topic (US) specialize in alternative clothing, yet I still find this a little mainstream. My friends tend to pick their band t-shirts up at concerts or gigs. I, however, usually buy mine online at eBay for bargains or sometimes at an HMV music shop where I’ve bought a Led Zeppelin and Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt.

Continuing on the theme of rock band t-shirts, I have included two more of my favorite bands which are fairly popular—Soundgarden, having recently reformed to headline a major UK music festival 'Download' during 2010, is one of them. The first t-shirt I have included is from the most recent Smashing Pumpkins album 'Zeitgeist,' and includes imagery created by contemporary artist Shepard Fairey. The second is a rather colorful yet alternative Soundgarden tour t-shirt and can be found on eBay. Soundgarden has been around since the early 80's and pioneered the rock and grunge scene.

These are just a few fashion street style clothing trends that I love to wear. Checkout all these styles and brands and find out which designs suit your taste. Once you have a good idea of putting together an awesome ensemble, it’s time to hit the streets to flaunt your creativity in mixing and matching different styles and express your individuality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment